I’ve been quite busy over the past two weeks tying up loose ends before I go on vacation with the man. We are leaving tomorrow evening for New York City!!! So I’m going to keep this quick. As quick as this recipe for Homemade Olive Oil Mayonnaise. Seriously, this comes together in a matter of moments. And I’ve got a video below to prove it!! Continue reading for the recipe.
Mayo in 30 seconds. I told you it was quick
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Place egg yolk, lemon juice, water and mustard in a narrow, tall container. I used a Weck jar. Pour over olive oil, then let the contents settle for a moment.
- Using an immersion blender, process until the mayo starts to form. Once you start seeing mayo, gently move the blender up and down. Continue until all oil is emulsified. The texture will be thick.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and store in the refrigerator for up to several weeks.