What Are Your Favorite Food Blogs?

Pineapple Tequila SorbetI am always on the hunt for new sources of inspiration when it comes to writing, cooking, styling and photography.  Sometimes I pull inspiration from food magazines and cookbooks, and other times, inspiration strikes after having a top notch experience at a restaurant.  However, most of the time, I am inspired by other food blogs.

With over 130 blogs currently in my Feedly, I’m not going to list my favorites here one by one.  I will give Smitten Kitchen and 101 Cookbooks special mentions, because I’ve cooked many recipes from both blogs, and the results are consistently delicious.  Also, my recipe for Pineapple Tequila Sorbet (pictured above) was inspired by another favorite of mine, We All Scream, a must-read for anyone who loves to make ice cream.

So now I want to know:  what are your favorite food blogs?  The blogs you just can’t wait to read.  The first blog you go to when you start a recipe search.  The blog whose photos instantly make your mouth water.  Please share your favorites (links welcome) in the comments section below.  Thanks!!

Comments

Awww thanks Cory ;) I love checking Alton Brown recipes as well. Sometimes I’ll apply his techniques to other recipes.

Thanks for the suggestions Todd! I have Reclaiming Provincial in my feed already – gorgeous photos. Unfamiliar with few of the other blogs. I’m checking them out now, and they look awesome! Very inspiring: Zucchini + Sea Salt Vodka Soda (set the table) and mushroom cocktails (stir and strain)!

That’s a tough one, but I’d have to mention DomenicaCooks and DivinaCucina, two of my favorite Italian food blogs. There are so many talented people out there.

Thanks for the recommendation of We All Scream–it is new to me and full of intriguing ideas! I bought us an ice cream maker last summer when we moved to Singapore and I have not yet gone crazy with it.

In my feed reader, I have folders for food blogs of different magnitudes of popularity. The Kitchn is a “big” blog, for example. My favourite medium blogs are up and comers like Chocolate Covered Katie, My New Roots, and Casual Kitchen. My favourite small blogs are Rosemarried and A Veggie Venture.

Thanks to you and the other comment writers for the great ideas.

I love these types of posts, because I am constantly discovering new food blogs to follow! I have to admit, some of my absolute favorites (as some other people mentioned above) right now are: The Sugar Hit, Flourishing Foodie, Desserts for Breakfast, Take a Megabite, etc. etc.

I could go on and on! :)

4. Ana says

I just love Simply recipes, David Lebowitz, Jamie Oliver, Lorraine Pascal, Michael Wurm (Inspired by charm)… this bloggers have tried and always successeful recipes…

5. CFrance says

I’m sure you have it on your list, but I love David Lebovitz’s Paris blog. His recipes are great, and his blogs double as a food lover’s guide to Paris. Plus amazing photography. He also travels to different countries, and back to the States, and does resto and market reviews and posts recipes from his travels.

6. SK Brandy says

yours, smittenkitchen.com and joythebaker.com are amongst my top favs. in addition, i like seasonsandsuppers.ca, daringgourmet.com and purewow.com. and then there’s food52.com. i love your doing this as it’s a great way to share what we each know and learn from each other.

7. Becky says

My consistent favorite food blog is Mary Bergfeld’s One Perfect Bite at oneperfectbite.blogspot.com/‎.

8. A says

I love Smitten Kitchen and cheaphealthygood.com was fantastic until she got married, had a kiddo, and got better things to do. : )

I am just setting out as a ‘food blogger’, maybe you would check out my site? :) jackandparker.com
    Also, I LOVE 101 Cookbooks.com, by Heidi Swanson– her photography is simple and stunning, and her recipes are healthy!