This is my last recipe before Christmas, so I wanted to take a moment and wish everyone Happy Holidays!!
Let’s be honest. Oatmeal cookies can often be lackluster. OR, they’re over-sweetened to make up for the fact that they’re often lackluster. OR, they have raisins (womp womp). Well today I’m sharing some oatmeal cookies that you can really get excited for. Here’s what makes them special:
- Bourbon!! Provides a deep note of smoky warmth. Pure magic when paired with vanilla.
- Chopped, toasted pecans tossed in butter, brown sugar and smoked sea salt. Tasty little morsels that lend big pops of flavor throughout.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper added to the dry ingredients. Upping the cozy factor.
- A mix of butter, shortening and heavy cream. Butter mainly for flavor while the shortening and heavy cream keep the cookies light and tender.
- Sweetened with 100% brown sugar. Rolled oats + brown sugar = a perfect pairing.
These Bourbon Pecan Oatmeal Cookies are a balanced mix of sweet and salty with, thanks to the bourbon, brown sugar and vanilla, an incredibly deep caramel flavor that develops as you chew. Oats and pecans offer some contrasting crunch against the softness of the spiced crumb. Enjoy these cookies warm with a big glass of milk, a mug of spiced eggnog or a chilled Old Fashioned. Continue reading for the recipe.