A combination of several recipes for Paleo creamer, this Date Creamer is sweet, fragrant and wonderfully unctuous. A coconut milk base is sweetened with musky dates, then flavored with rich vanilla. Coconut oil and an egg are added for heft. I found that it’s best to add this creamer to your coffee after it’s had a chance to cool a bit. If your coffee is searing hot, the creamer will curdle.
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add dates and boiling water to a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Pour date puree through a fine-mesh basket strainer into a clean bowl, using a spatula extract as much of the puree as possible. Discard any date solids left in the strainer.
- Return puree to the blender, and add the coconut milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla. Blend until smooth. I like the sweetness level of this creamer, but if it’s not sweet enough for you, you can add some stevia or honey to taste.
- Transfer to a clean airtight container, and store in the refrigerator up to 1 week. The creamer will start out liquidy, but as the week goes on, the mixture will thicken.
This Date Creamer is part of my Paleo Recipes: Week of February 18 article. Check it out here!