This post may contain affiliate links.
Last week, I showed you how to make Roasted Jalapeno Infused Tequila. Inspired by a drink had at Barrio Star, this Roasted Jalapeno Blackberry Margarita pairs infused tequila with muddled blackberries, orange liqueur and freshly squeezed lime juice. The finished drink is a refreshing balance of sweet, tart, spicy and salty. If you want to make this drink, but don’t have the time to infuse your own tequila, you could try muddling fresh jalapeno chunks in with the blackberries. Then, simply substitute in regular silver tequila for the infused tequila. Continue reading for the recipe.
Roasted Jalapeno Blackberry Margarita
- 8 blackberries
- 1 oz./ 1 shot roasted jalapeno infused tequila
- 1 oz./ 1 shot orange liqueur (Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1 oz./ 1 shot simple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 lime
- Crushed ice
- Soda water
- Additional lime wedges, for garnish and rim
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt, for rim
- Place the blackberries in a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler or wooden spoon, thoroughly mash up the blackberries. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup and juice of 1 lime. Add crushed ice and shake until chilled.
- Spread out a layer of kosher salt (about a tablespoon) onto a small plate. Take a lime wedge and run it around the rim of a short tumbler. Place the lime soaked rim into the salt. Move the glass around in the salt until the rim is evenly coated.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and strain the margarita into the glass.* Top with a little soda water and gently stir to combine.