This post may contain affiliate links.
A classic Greyhound consists of just two ingredients: vodka and grapefruit juice (perhaps a lemon wedge if you fancy garnishes). My Salted Tarragon Greyhound, a twist on this refreshing classic, consists of grapefruit juice, home infused grapefruit tarragon vodka, flaky sea salt and agave nectar. The sea salt added directly to the shaker helps cut the tartness of the grapefruit without adding any additional sweetness. The finished cocktail has the perfect balance of sweet and tart with just a hint of tarragon in the background. I’ll have to mention that after giving this cocktail a vigorous shake, the chilled, frothy liquid poured from the shaker is the most lovely shade of pale pink. So beautiful. Continue reading for the recipe.
The Salted Tarragon Greyhound
- Grapefruit tarragon infused vodka
- Freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice strained of pulp and seeds
- Flaky sea salt or kosher salt
- Agave nectar
Ruby red grapefruit wedges, for garnish
- Fill a short glass to the top with ice. Pour in grapefruit tarragon infused vodka ⅓ of the way. Fill the remaining ⅔ with freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice. Transfer liquids and ice to a cocktail shaker. Add a small pinch of flaky sea salt, then add agave nectar to taste*.
- Shake vigorously until well chilled. Pop off the top of your cocktail shaker and pour everything (drink and ice) back into the short glass. Garnish with a fresh wedge of ruby red grapefruit.