This post may contain affiliate links.
I really find it hard to believe that I actually kept this news quiet for so long. Since July of this year, I’ve debated adding a little teaser to one of my cocktail articles or even sending out a quick tweet. Secrets, surprises and special news are all things that I can rarely keep to myself. So I am finally happy to announce my recent book project. Actually… my first book project!! The Home Distiller’s Handbook is 140+ page collection of whisky and bourbon blends, infused spirits and cordials. I contributed all of the photography to the cookbook. Completed over the summer, this project was so much fun. For those of you who know me well, you’re probably thinking that this project was definitely a perfect fit. Continue reading for a recipe from the book and giveaway information.
Whether you are a seasoned infusologist (I just made that up) or you are tackling your first project, The Home Distiller’s Handbook has a recipe for you. Some of the basics include Jalapeno Pepper Vodka, Cherry Whisky and Cucumber Gin. Looking for something more advanced? Try the Pistachio Liqueur, Kahlua Creme, Bangkok or Spiced Pumpkin Vodka. Available for purchase on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, The Home Distiller’s Handbook would be a perfect gift for this Holiday season. If you are ambitious, you could even fill a gift basket with a fancy jar, the handbook, a bottle of alcohol and some ingredients for an infusion.
Cider Mill Press has graciously given me 5 copies of The Home Distiller’s Handbook to giveaway to Kitchen Konfidence readers! To enter you can do one or all of the following:
1. Leave me a comment below sharing your favorite flavored alcohol.
2. Like Kitchen Konfidence on Facebook. [leave a separate comment below for entry]
3. Subscribe to the Kitchen Konfidence recipe digest. [leave a separate comment below for entry]
Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced December 11, 2011. For US residents only. Now… on to the recipe!
Grapefruit Infused Rum
- 750 ml white rum
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- Slice grapefruit and remove the pith and peel. Place sliced grapefruit into an infusion jar. Add rum then seal the jar.
- Let infuse for 1 to 2 weeks in a cool, dark spot, tasting and shaking regularly.
- Strain the rum into a clean bottle and cap. Discard solids.