Thanksgiving 2013 is HERE and I couldn’t be more excited 🙂 Over the years, Thanksgiving has really become my favorite holiday. My family is mainly back in New Jersey, so I celebrate Thanksgiving with a large group of friends (16 total this year). This Thanksgiving feast is my way of saying thank you to my friends and loved ones. Because when your family is far away, your friends become that family-like support system.
Over the past 3 days, I’ve been feverishly cooking away to prepare for today’s Thanksgiving extravaganza. 5 courses. 17 recipes. It’s going to be epic. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed an abundance of cooking photos. I’ve been snapping away in the kitchen, sharing recipes, tips and how-tos. If you’d like to following along, you can check out the #KKTDay hashtag on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Continue reading for my full Thanksgiving 2013 menu!!
Here’s my Thanksgiving 2013 menu:
Manchego, Brie, Goat Cheese and Cheddar
Kimchi and Bacon Deviled Eggs
Seasonal Produce Selection
Apple Cidecar [apple cider, brandy, orange liqueur, lemon juice]
Harvest Salad with Shaved Persimmon, Spiced Walnuts and Goat Cheese
Italian Chard Stuffing
Sweet Potato Crunch
Sweet Potato Mash
Roasted Cauliflower with Brown Butter Crumbs
Coconut Custard Pie
Persimmon Fool Pudding with Fresh Whipped Cream
Phew! So that’s the menu. I’m going to finish up here with some of the things I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for my health.
- I am thankful for my friends who continue to make me laugh and smile.
- I am thankful for my job, and the fact that I really do enjoy the work that I do every day.
- I am thankful for my family. Even though they are 3,000 miles away, they are still so loving and supportive.
- I am thankful for my readers (that’s you guys). Your questions, comments, love and support really do make this whole blogging thing a true pleasure.
- I am thankful for my amazing boyfriend. I think to myself every day, “how did I get this lucky?” He really is the best. Two stories:
- He is taking charge of the turkey this year. And as you all know, the turkey is the bane of my existence. So his help with the bird has really made my week much more enjoyable.
- Yesterday, I called him up mid afternoon to see if he could find some sort of widget that would display live photos from #KKTDay. Within an hour he found something and set it up on this article. I just love that he helps me in areas that I struggle with 🙂
So now it’s your turn. What are you thankful for this year? Thanks and have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!0