Hello friends and Happy Sunday!
I’m starting a new series here on Kitchen Konfidence called The Sunday Dish. Within this series, I’ll be featuring some personal details of my life along with things I find funny and links from around the Interwebs. I feel like there’s so much that happens between posts that goes unshared, and this series is my vehicle to share ALL the things! So let’s dish.
- Stephanie made these Mini Cream Cheese and Green Onion Biscuits with Spicy Sausage Gravy, and I need them in my life as soon as possible. You do too.
- Gaby made these Parmesan Pretzel Knots. I mean seriously, how good do these look?
- This Asian Chimichurri Steak by Holly has my mouth watering!! I love a good steak sammich.
- Ina Garten, one of my favorite food personalities, celebrated her birthday on February 2. These Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes are from Ina’s most recent book, Make It Ahead. How bad can that be?
- Jorge and I decided to host an impromptu Super Bowl party last weekend. To start, I served some vibrant veg with this homemade ranch dressing courtesy of the Pioneer Woman (pictured above). I then took some of that ranch, and mixed it with chopped chicken, blue cheese crumbles, Frank’s Hot Sauce and cream cheese, and baked the whole lot in a 350 oven until bubbly. My first buffalo chicken dip. Celery sticks were an obvious choice for dunking, but instead of crackers or chips, I whipped up a fresh loaf of no knead bread. The recipe comes from a fellow SoCal foodie, and I must ask him if I can share the recipe, because it’s so easy and so delicious. Later in the day, we dined on pulled pork sammiches topped with pickled onions. Sides and buns were purchased from my new favorite BBQ spot in SD, Coop’s. Jorge made these lemon bars (Melissa Clark) for dessert, and they were pretty damn tasty.
- So much YES.
- Beyoncé launched her own vegan meal delivery service.
- For two days this week, I was in San Francisco for work. In between meetings and training, I tried to cram in as much amazing food as possible, including a BBQ bison burger, two scoops of deliciousness from Bi-Rite and a Kimchi Bulgogi burrito from this small coffee shop (?) in SoMA. Check out the deets and photos on Instagram.
- The kind people over at Sasquatch Books recently sent me a copy of Fresh & Fermented, an interesting read that shows you how to make a number of different ferments (kraut, kimchi, etc.) from Firefly Kitchens in Seattle. I love fermented foods, so I dove right into this book. I made a batch of Cortido Kraut flavored with jalapeno, oregano, red chile flakes, onions and carrots, and it. is. delicious!!! I’ve been putting it on top of just about everything. Much like Madonna.
- Planning a dinner at home for Valentine’s Day? Check out my latest on Kitchen Konfidence.
- Jorge is always on the pulse of what’s new and funny. I thank him for these two gems: