This post may contain affiliate links.
Hello and Happy Sunday!! Today, I’ve got some deeeeelicious links to share with you plus some fun personal updates. I catered part of a wedding last weekend!! Oh, and I’ve also got a new donut addiction. So grab a cocktail, get comfy, and let’s dish.
- Starting with some tasty nibbles from around the Interwebs:
- Tieghan recently shared this Authentic Canadian Poutine, and it. looks. incredible!! I’m a big fan of poutine, but it’s a rare occasion that we can find an authentic version here in San Diego. I’ll just have to make it at home 🙂
- Jonathan posted this recipe for Roasted Shrimp Cocktail. I’ve got my own version here, but I do like Jonathan’s addition of garlic and spice.
- Check out this Cucumber, Avocado and Kumquat Salad by Brian. Looks so fresh and tasty! Yesterday, I made a quick salad with mixed greens, roasted asparagus, radish and clover sprouts (from my Specialty Produce FMB), sliced kumquat and a watercress vinaigrette. The thin discs of kumquat added intense pops of sweet and sour throughout the salad. Try adding them to your next salad!
- Have you seen the Foodnited States of America yet?!
- Hot Pepper Bacon Popcorn with Chocolate Drizzle. Whaaaaaaat?!
- Holly’s cooking up this Strawberry Cornmeal Cake, and I totally want a slice for dessert tonight.
- I am all about THESE.
- Kate just shared this Green Goddess Hummus. I’d totally dip that.
- Pecan Pancakes with Vanilla Maple Caramel. DROOL.
- Two close friends of mine got married last weekend (view from the venue above), and they asked me to prepare apps and desserts for the rehearsal dinner, and sangria for the wedding cocktail hour! Needless to say, I was craaaaazy busy last week. The bride and groom selected some of their favorite bites of mine that they’ve had over the years, including: Bacon and Avocado Deviled Eggs, Spiced Mixed Nuts with Sugared Bacon, and roasted vegetables served with Romesco Sauce, Saffron Aioli and Watercress Aioli. Everyone just loved the appetizers, especially the bride and groom. Unfortunately, I don’t have a very good pic of the finished app spread, but I did manage to capture this prep shot and this final shot. The venue, Levyland, was goooorgeous. It’s the same spot that I catered a wedding back in 2011!
- A big congratulations to Beverly Toney for winning the Twelve Recipes Giveaway! Thanks to all who participated. You can buy Twelve Recipes by Cal Peternell here if you are still interested in cooking from the book. I highly recommend it!
- Embrace the Mush: Redeem Frozen Vegetables with These Cooking Methods, my latest on Lifehacker!
- Nomad Donuts (picture up at the top) is my latest donut addiction here in San Diego. They’ve got some really, really intriguing flavors, and in general, the donuts are not overly sweet. That makes it easier to eat more of them! Get a description for the donuts above here.
- I know it’s still snowing on the East Coast, but here in San Diego, spring is in full effect. The amount of delicious, gorgeous produce showing up at the markets is just staggering. I don’t have time to cook and eat ALL the things!! So I’ve been all about pickling and preserving recently. How good do these Sugar Snap, Carrot and Radish Pickles look (above)?! Check out the recipe here.
- Kale Salad with Miso-Lemon Vinaigrette, my latest recipe on Kitchen Konfidence. I switched up my post-processing a bit on the photos here. What do you think?
- That’s all for this week! I’m going to leave you with this video. It was a smart idea to disable comments 😉