Rich avocado is blended with scallion, shallot, cilantro, and a vibrant mix of orange, lemon and lime juice. If you want to use this as a salad dressing, I would recommend thinning it out a bit with addition citrus juice or water.
Citrus Avocado Dip
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- 1 green onion (white and light green parts only), root end trimmed
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 1 drop of honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Carrot, celery and jicama sticks, for serving
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve beside a pile of carrot, celery and jicama sticks. Store in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Tried this recipe?Tag @brandiego on Instagram so I can check it out!
This Citrus Avocado Dip is part of my Paleo Recipes: Week of May 13 article. Check it out here!