You guys, I am sooooo excited to share these popcorn recipes!!!
Like pizza, popcorn is one of those foods I just love to get crazy creative with. It’s a blank slate that just begs to be drizzled, flecked and tossed with all manner of deliciousness. I will often make a big bowl of popcorn to snack on right when I get home from work to fuel evening dinner prep. Here are some of my favorite flavor combinations:
- Brown Butter + Rosemary + Lemon Zest
- Sriracha + Butter + Lime Zest
- Olive Oil + Nutritional Yeast + Cumin + Garlic
- Cotija Cheese + Lime Zest + Butter + Cilantro + Chile Powder
- Truffle Oil + Pecorino Cheese + Black Pepper + Truffle Salt
To make popcorn on the stove top, simply combine 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 cup of corn kernels and a pinch of kosher salt in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook covered until the kernels pop, shaking occasionally to ensure even cooking. Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat, and dump popcorn into a large bowl. This will result in the 8 cups of hot popcorn needed for each recipe below. Continue reading for more details.