Almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds and flaxseeds are blended with almond milk, bananas, honey, vanilla, almond butter and ground turmeric. The smoothie is then finished with a dusting of fresh nutmeg. It’s incredibly healthy. And incredibly tasty.
Banana Smoothie with Nuts and Seeds
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 8 almonds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 3 ice cubes
Freshly grated nutmeg, to garnish
- The evening before you plan on making this smoothie, set the banana on a small plate in the freezer. Add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flaxseeds to a small bowl and cover with water. Let sit at room temperature overnight.
- Drain seeds and transfer to a blender. Add frozen banana, almonds, almond milk, vanilla, turmeric, honey, almond butter and ice, blending until smooth.
- Pour smoothie in a large glass and finish with a dusting of grated nutmeg.
This Banana Smoothie with Nuts and Seeds is part of my Paleo Recipes: Week of March 4 article. Check it out here!