San Diego LGBT Pride is this weekend, and I’m celebrating with a kaleidoscope of organic fruit purees. Each puree destined for a glass of champs of course 😉
This post may contain affiliate links.
Making your own fruit purees at home is an easy task. Simply blend ripe, organic fruit with sugar and citrus juice, strain, and serve! That’s it. For reals. Sugar and citrus (lemon, lime or orange) help to amp up the flavors of any fresh fruit. Once you’ve mastered one puree, try making a vibrant rainbow of purees with strawberries, papaya, mango, honeydew, watermelon, blueberries and blackberries. All the organic produce featured in this article was purchased at the new Jimbo’s… Naturally! at Westfield Horton Plaza. They have a seriously gorgeous selection of fresh herbs and fruit.
You can serve this edible spectrum with champagne, sparkling wine, Prosecco or sparkling water. Place a few tablespoons of puree at the bottom of a glass, then top of with bubbly. A perfect addition to any Pride Weekend brunch table! Continue reading for the recipes.
Red – Strawberry
Orange – Papaya
Yellow – Mango
Green – Melon
Pink – Watermelon
Purple – Berries
Taste the rainbow.
Rainbow Fruit Purees
- 8 oz. of organic fruit (see variations below)
- Freshly squeezed organic lime juice
- Freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- Freshly squeeze organic orange juice
- Fresh organic mint leaves
- Organic sugar
- Combine ingredients (variations below) in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Taste for both sweetness and acidity. Add more citrus juice or sugar if needed. Flavors should pop! Pour mixture through a fine-mesh basket strainer into a clean bowl. Pair with champagne, sparkling wine, Prosecco or sparkling water. Fruit purees can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Strawberry: 8 oz. organic strawberries (chopped), 2 tablespoons organic sugar, 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice.
- Papaya: 8 oz. organic papaya (chopped), 2 tablespoons organic sugar, 1 tablespoon organic lime juice.
- Mango: 8 oz. organic mango (chopped), 1 tablespoon organic sugar, 1 tablespoon organic orange juice, 1 tablespoon organic lime juice.
- Honeydew: 8 oz. organic honeydew (cubed), leaves from 1 sprig of organic mint, 1 tablespoon organic sugar, 1 tablespoon organic lime juice.
- Watermelon: 8 oz. organic watermelon (cubed), 1 tablespoon organic sugar, 1 tablespoon organic lime juice.
- Berries: 4 oz. organic blueberries, 4 oz. organic blackberries, 2 tablespoons organic sugar, 1 tablespoon organic orange juice, 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice.
Serve with champs, sparkling wine, Prosecco or sparkling water.
If you are celebrating LGBT Pride in San Diego, please have a safe and happy weekend!!
I partnered with Jimbo’s… Naturally! and Westfield Horton Plaza on this article. Also, I am an employee of Westfield. All thoughts, opinions and recipes shared in this article are my own.33