Cheers and Happy Friday!!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Thanksgiving is just under 2 weeks away, so now’s a good time to start planning your menu. I always like to serve a signature cocktail or two at Thanksgiving dinner while everyone is enjoying appetizers. I switch these cocktails up each year, so that my guests are excited to have a sip of something new when they come over. Over the past couple of months, I’ve been sharing cocktail recipes on Instagram for one of my partners, Absolut Elyx. They’re not sponsoring this article, but I really loved all 3 of these drinks, and they are perfect for Thanksgiving, so I wanted to share them on this space as well. Here’s what I’ve been shaking up:
- The Harvest Orchard
- Pumpkin Apple Cider Fizz
- Chai Apple Cider Slush
Each of these vodka cocktails are made with seasonal ingredients that radiate feelings of cozy, warmth and comfort. Continue reading for the recipes!
Vodka, apple brandy, pear juice and chilled black tea are shaken together until well-chilled. Simple syrup is added for sweetness while a flurry of lemon zest on top provides citrusy aromatics. This pear-forward drink is smooth, sweet and can be prepared in bulk for a crowd!
The Harvest Orchard
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce apple brandy
- 2 1/2 ounces pear juice
- 2 1/2 ounces chilled black tea
- 1 ounce simple syrup
Lemon zest, to garnish
- Add vodka, apple brandy, pear juice, black tea and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice. Cap and shake until well-chilled. Strain into 2 copper mugs filled with crushed ice. Top with grated lemon zest.
Combine pumpkin puree with vodka, apple cider, vanilla extract and ginger beer for a simple, seasonal treat. It’s a way to enjoy pumpkin without the ubiquitous spice! This drink is best prepared to order to keep the ginger beer fizzy.
Pumpkin Apple Cider Fizz
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ounces ginger beer
A slice of cleaned delicata squash, to garnish
- Shake up vodka, pumpkin puree, apple cider and a couple drops of vanilla extract with ice. Strain into a copper mug. Add crushed ice and top off with ginger beer. Garnish with a slice of cleaned delicata squash.
This third drink may just be my favorite 🙂 Apple cider is frozen into ice cubes, then blended with apple brandy, ginger beer, lemon juice and cold, spiced chai tea. You can make a lot of apple cider cubes in advance, and then just blend up a big batch once your are ready to serve!
Chai Apple Cider Slush
- 18 ounces apple cider, frozen in ice cube trays
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce apple brandy
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 3 ounces chilled chai tea
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
Cinnamon sticks, to garnish
- Combine apple cider cubes, vodka, apple brandy, ginger beer and chai tea in a blender, and blend to a slushie consistency. Pour into short glasses and garnish with cinnamon sticks.