Throw on that chunky knit sweater and find a comfy spot on the couch because, you guys, it’s about to get SO cozy up in here. This plant-based Honey Oat Milk Latte, sponsored by Nestlé Coffee Partners, is autumn made drinkable.
This post may contain affiliate links.
The base of this latte is the Starbucks® Fall Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee, a medium-roast coffee rich with notes of citrus, spice, and toasted nuts. To that, you add a homemade honey syrup infused with cinnamon, allspice, vanilla and star anise. The drink is finished with frothy oat milk and a dusting of ground cinnamon. Each sip is so warm, comforting, and perfect for a crisp fall morning. Continue reading for the oat milk latte recipe.
I was able to find a bag of ground Starbucks Fall Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee at my local Vons. They’ve got such an awesome selection of coffees, and I was even able to get $2 off using the Vons app! You can also find the Starbucks® Fall Blend Medium Roast in K-Cup® Pods if that’s your thing.
How to Make a Latte Without an Espresso Machine
The lattes you order at Starbucks are made with espresso, but you don’t have to use espresso when whipping up a homemade latte. Instead, you can use strongly brewed coffee.
Starbucks recommends you brew their Fall Blend coffee using a ratio of 10 grams of ground coffee to 180 mL of water. For this Honey Oat Latte, I brewed a small batch of coffee using the ratio of 10 grams of coffee to 150 mL of water. And that worked out well! The flavor of the coffee was still present even after adding milk and sugar, creating the perfect drink to enjoy for your Me Moment this fall.
How to Make Honey Syrup
The sweetener for this latte is a homemade honey syrup infused with vanilla and spices. To make it, add equal parts honey and water to a small saucepan with hard spices (I used cinnamon, allspice and star anise here). Stir and simmer over medium heat until the honey dissolves. Take the saucepan off the heat and add the vanilla. Let the honey syrup cool completely, and then strain out the spices. It’s that easy! You can store the honey syrup covered in the fridge for up to several weeks.
Want to create your own Me Moment this fall with Starbucks? Check out my recipe below for a simple, enjoyable moment of calm.
Honey Oat Milk Latte
For the spiced honey syrup:
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 3- inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 4 allspice berries
For the latte:
- 2 ounces strongly brewed Starbucks® Fall Blend Medium Roast Coffee*
- 3 teaspoons spiced honey syrup, plus more to taste
- 4 ounces oat milk, warmed and frothed**
- To make the spiced honey syrup, add honey, water and spices to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture just to a boil, stirring to dissolve the honey. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Take the saucepan off the heat and let cook completely. Strain out the spices and pour syrup into a clean container. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the latte, add coffee to a mug along with honey syrup and oat milk. Taste and add more honey syrup if needed. Enjoy immediately!
This post was sponsored by Nestlé Coffee Partners. All thoughts, opinions and recipes are my own.100