This Lemon Roasted Broccoli Pizza recipe is for those of us who love pizza, but also want to eat a little healthier in the New Year.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade pizza is something I love to make year-round. My healthy compromise each January is to load up my pizzas with more vegetables. I also like to eat fewer slices and pair them with a small side salad.
Topped with pesto, broccoli florets, low-fat
This is a white pie, so there’s no tomato sauce base. Instead, I’m using a pesto, a green sauce made with basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese. This recipe only calls for 1/4 cup (
Here are some other healthier pizza options on Kitchen Konfidence:
Lemon Roasted Broccoli Pizza Recipe
- 1 ball pizza dough
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 8 ounces grated, low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 small meyer lemon, halved, thinly sliced, seeds removed (you can use a regular lemon here too)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh chopped basil, for topping
- Preheat an oven to 500°F, and set an oven rack in the lowest possible position. Lightly coat a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stretch pizza dough into a round large enough to fit the pizza pan. Very lightly drizzle the dough with olive oil, using your hands to evenly spread the oil around. Sprinkle dough with a small pinch of kosher salt. Top pizza evenly with pesto and grated mozzarella cheese, then scatter lemon pieces and goat cheese over top. Toss broccoli with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then scatter evenly on top of the pizza. Finish with a sprinkling of kosher salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Transfer pizza to the oven on the lowest rack and cook until the crust is golden brown (bottom and crust) and the cheese is nice and bubbly (9 – 11 minutes). Finish the pizza with a sprinkling of chopped basil.