This Lemon Roasted Broccoli Pizza recipe is for those of us who love pizza, but also want to eat a little healthier in the New Year.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade pizza is something I love to make year-round. My healthy compromise each January is to load up my pizzas with more vegetables. I also like to eat fewer slices and pair them with a small side salad.
Topped with pesto, broccoli florets, low-fat
This is a white pie, so there’s no tomato sauce base. Instead, I’m using a pesto, a green sauce made with basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese. This recipe only calls for 1/4 cup (
Here are some other healthier pizza options on Kitchen Konfidence:
Lemon Roasted Broccoli Pizza Recipe
- 1 ball pizza dough
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 8 ounces grated, low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 small meyer lemon, halved, thinly sliced, seeds removed (you can use a regular lemon here too)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh chopped basil, for topping
- Preheat an oven to 500°F, and set an oven rack in the lowest possible position. Lightly coat a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stretch pizza dough into a round large enough to fit the pizza pan. Very lightly drizzle the dough with olive oil, using your hands to evenly spread the oil around. Sprinkle dough with a small pinch of kosher salt. Top pizza evenly with pesto and grated mozzarella cheese, then scatter lemon pieces and goat cheese over top. Toss broccoli with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then scatter evenly on top of the pizza. Finish with a sprinkling of kosher salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Transfer pizza to the oven on the lowest rack and cook until the crust is golden brown (bottom and crust) and the cheese is nice and bubbly (9 – 11 minutes). Finish the pizza with a sprinkling of chopped basil.
Justin McChesney-Wachs says
Love all that healthy green and bright lemon flavors after a cookie-filled December. Looks amazing!
Brandon Matzek says
Haha, thanks Justin!!
Michele Barbour says
Do you make your own pizza dough? If not, what are the best store bought options? Trader Joe’s?
Brandon Matzek says
Hi Michele! I get pizza dough from a local pizzeria. This is a little tip my Aunt taught me right when I went off to college! I know making pizza dough at home is easy, but it just never tastes as good as the ones I can buy at pizzerias.
Areesha [email protected] Food says
That looks delicious! Comfort food recipes will always find a way to me eventually, I love trying new things.